Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Girl soldiers: Hidden faces of war

Look closely at the title! What do you think? How do you feel? When I first looked at it I thought oh my gosh! How can people be so mean and cruel! I just want to really help the children of Africa!This horrific thing is happening in Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda, Sudan and Colombia but that is not all the country's in Africa it is happening I just can't count on my fingers! Girls as young as 10 can be recruited into the armed forces. Could you image your child or grandchildren or friends child going to war????? I couldn't! Usually it is boy soldiers but know they are using girls! Why can't we help AFRICA!? We always say "Oh we are going through a hard time right now". But look at all the girls in Africa are going through. There mothers, and fathers are dying from diease! They are having to watch them die! How would you feel if you had to watch your parents die! Maybe your father just died of old age how hard is that for you? These are children!!! Could you imagine! Right now just take a moment and pray for the children in africa.
The image “http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/WORLD/europe/08/23/uk.girl.soldiers/story.congo.girls.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

No comments: